CRI Pumps opens a new manufacturing unit in Perundurai SEZ
A pioneer brand in the pumps market, CRI Pumps has opened an exclusive manufacturing unit to cater to the Export business
Coimbatore, 12th May 2014: C.R.I. Pumps India’s leading pump manufacturer announces the opening of a manufacturing unit in Special Economic Zone located at Perundurai, Tamilnadu promoted by State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamilnadu (SIPCOT). The unit set-up with an initial first phase investment of Rs.30 crores has been done in a 20 acre plot. This SEZ will manufacture Stainless Steel Submersible Pumps, Motors, Vertical Multistage Pumps, Pressure Boosting Systems and Industrial Pumps. The pumpsets produced in this new unit will cater to sectors like Industry, Residential, Irrigation,Water Supply, Mining, Oil & Gas, Buildings, Waste Water and Civil Projects.
Speaking on the launch of the new manufacturing facility in SEZ, Mr. G. Soundararajan, Vice Chairman C.R.I Pumps said,“ the manufacturing unit with a capacity to produce over 1 lakh pumpsets a year, will cater to the Export markets. The unit with a target turnover of Rs.200 crore in the first year will supply to various countries worldwide and CRIs foreign subsidiary companies. In the second phase the company plans to invest Rs 30-40 crore in near future forfurther expansion of this unit”.
The SEZ unit would continue to utilize the CRI Groups R&D Division – Fludyn Advanced Technology Centre that is recognized by Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India for state-of-the-art prototyping and testing facilities. The modern testing facilities are of international standards. The exemption from duty’s and taxes makes it competitive for Export markets. The SEZ project also helps CRI to release considerable manufacturing capacities in the existing units, hence providing additional capacities to cater to its growing domestic market demand of various products.
The SEZ facility is developed as an eco-friendly green unit with the following features:
- Water treated in in-house Sewage Treatment Plant and used internally.
- Rain water harvesting is done for preserving ground water levels.
- Heavy duty racking system installed up to 9mtrs, the height leads to effective floor space usage.
- High roof buildings built for better ventilation and optimizing natural lighting.
- Floors are painted with self-leveling epoxy coating which helps create clean and hygiene atmosphere.
- Highly sophisticated material handling equipment operates in very less aisle space.
- Automated assembly lines and automatic online quality control systems.
- Online Laser marking facilities.
- Advanced test facilities which helps in testing of high range of pumps and motors.
- Tree plantation and landscapes around the factory help provide a soothing environment.
- Solar Power for Lighting.
These exclusive facilities would help enhance the production for world-class products.
About C.R.I Pumps:
C.R.I. Pumps Private Ltd is the largest Pump manufacturer and exporter with turnover of about Rs.1100crs. The name C.R.I. itself encapsulates the company’s ethos: “Commitment, Reliability, Innovation” and it has now become a household name associated with pumps – be it for industries, buildings, waste water, residential, agriculture, mining, oil&gas and civil applications. C.R.I has what it takes – experience, expertise, commitment and a clear vision–to be a precursor of change, an innovator of new technologies and a standard bearer for quality.
CRI has bagged the 1st prize in the Manufactures of BEE Star Labelled appliances (Agriculture pump set) sector by the National Energy Conservation Award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India for two consecutive years. It exports its products to more than 100 countries and has been awarded the EEPC Export Excellence award 9th time in a row for its export performance.