CRI Pumps honors the Best Farmers with TNAU's ‘Velaanmai Chemmal Awards 2014’
Coimbatore, 11th Jan, 2014: Agriculture Sector of Indian Economy is one of the most significant part of India. Agriculture is the only means of living for almost two-thirds of the employed class in India. Agriculture is still the only largest contributor to India's GDP and plays a significant role in the growth of socio-economic sector in India.
' Velanmai Chemmal' Awards recognizes the contributions of Farmers in 5 main areas –
Sustainable agriculture and service to the farming community.
Adoption of recent technologies in crop cultivation and Sustainable Agriculture.
Contribution and Service to the farming community.
Contribution on Seed, Biofertilizer production by adoption of new technologies and make several progressive farmers in Coimbatore District.
Contribution to Rural Women’s development and Service to the farming community.
' Velanmai Chemmal' awards were devised by CRI Pumps the leading manufacturer of agricultural pumps in the country, in association with Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. The awards were presented to the winning farmers by MLA Mr.Challenger Durai, TNAU Vice Chancellor Dr.K.Ramasamy, C.R.I. Pumps Vice President Mr.R.Boopathy and Mr.P.Rajendran IAS – Commissioner Dept. Of Agriculture, Tamil Nadu.
5 Winners of 'Velanmai Chemmal' Award:
- Mr.G.Mayilsamy (Sulur Kaliapuram, Coimbatore District) for contribution on Seed, Biofertilizer production by adoption of new technologies and make several progressive farmers in Coimbatore District.
- Mr.G.Karikalan (Keelapatti, Karur District) for adoption of recent technologies in crop cultivation and Sustainable Agriculture.
- Mr.T.Rajkumar, (Devankudi, Tiruvarur District) contribution on sustainable agriculture and service to the farming community.
- Mr.A.P. Karuppiah (Sinnamanur, Theni District) for contribution and service to the farming community.
- Mrs. N.Suganthi, (Neyveli, Cuddalore District) contribution to rural women’s development and service to the farming community.
' Velanmai Chemmal' Award Selection Process:
The applications for the award would be distributed by the 30 Krishi Vighyan Kendra (KVK) in Tamil Nadu. Over 300 applications are shortlisted and the final 5 awardees are decided by the member Jury of TNAU Directors. Velanmai Chemmal awards will be presented to selected farmers belonging to different districts of the State based on their innovative agricultural experiences. CRI Pumps would honor the farmers for their contributions in introducing more innovative techniques in various area.