Water problems in India have long plagued rural and urban areas alike. Borewells provide accessible sources of groundwater, and to be fully functional, a borewell submersible pump is necessary. Borewell submersible pumps play an essential role in reducing scarcity levels of water within your everyday requirements.
Groundwater is extracted with the help of borewell submersible pumps in houses, farms, and industries. Submersible pumps can be fully submerged in water and sealed in an airtight bag inside water.
Submersible pumps can be found in a wide range from a number of borewell submersible manufacturers. Several specifications need to be considered when choosing a borewell submersible pump. A good pump selection ensures that the system achieves maximum efficiency.
The head of a borewell submersible pump refers to the height up to which the pump can lift the water. This will be dependent upon the water table at the location and the size of the housing you have chosen. The head is measured in metres or feet and is determined by your lowest and highest positions.
The discharge rate is the amount of water discharged per minute. If you want to cover larger areas with water distribution- either for consumption or farming, a pump with a higher discharge rate is an obvious choice. The discharge rate is also a measure of the power of the pump. Power consumption differs from the pump’s capacity consumed directly for imparting energy to the pumped medium. Leaks, bearing friction, etc. can contribute to part of the consumed power. Their ratio determines the performance efficiency of the pump.
Calculation of these characteristics may vary for different types of pumps, which is associated with differences in their design and operating principles.1 hp Submersible Pumps will create more pressure and less flow than a 5hp Submersible Pumps. Pump manufacturers, designate pumps by both the flow rate and horsepower required. It is more important to specify pressure and flow requirements when specifying the right pump than horsepower requirements.
Lifting water and discharging tend to heat up the water pump system. To provide continuous efficient functionality, an efficient cooling system such as an oil-cooled or water cooled system is necessary.
There are oil-cooled pumps available at lower prices, however, frequently replacing the oil may not be economical. Water-cooled pumps, on the other hand, are less expensive to maintain.
The material of construction determines the durability of the submersible pump.A CI-graded body and Noryl impeller are the best options.
It is important to collect preliminary data for choosing a pumping system. Consideration may also be given to the variation in water consumption over the next few years.
- Estimate the water consumption.
- Determination of number and capacity of pump units.
- Inspect the area and fix locations for the pump house, high-level tank, and route of the pipeline.
- Take measurements of the size of the suction and delivery mains to determine the hydraulic capacity of the system.
- Fix the type, size, and characteristics of the pump, motor, and starter.
- Check the features of pumps of different manufacturers and select the best with due consideration to the price.
- Collect the particulars of the pump set like physical dimensions, weight, fittings, and other accessories.
- Prepare the drawings showing the pump house, structural supports, the layout of the equipment and piping, power supply, and electrical connection.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!