C.R.I’s SCHOOL VISION:
“To turn the Government Schools of India in to model schools in terms of infrastructure, quality of education, health, hygiene and sports”
A. Broad Objectives of the Programme:
1. To adopt some of the Government Schools in India that are in dire need of financial and maintenance assistance.
2. To make Government Schools attractive for all children and parents belonging to the community around the school, so that all children under the age of 14 within the community are enrolled in these schools.
B. Implementation Model:
C.R.I. has so far worked towards the development of many Govt. and Tribal Schools, in the last 15 years and benefited over 30000 students. A memorandum of understanding was executed between CRI and Department of Education, wherever possible.
C.R.I. in partnership with their distributors spread across India, have initiated a program for the adoption of 100 needy Govt schools across all the states of India which will be completed in the coming years. Under this program , over one lakh students will be greatly benefited.
The activities under the program include the below.
1) School improvement work is done in phases. Initially the more fundamental and basic needs of toilets, and clean drinking water are addressed
2) To ensure all round development of children we provide the required educational aids, sports material, health aids, personality development training, soft skills training, etc
3) The above school improvement work is carried out with the full involvement of students, teachers, parents and the community
4) Every activity carried out was in synchronization with the policies, schemes and programmes of the State and Central Governments and the
concerned Governmental agencies.
5) All activities were carried out in accordance with established “best practice” methods, systems and procedures.
6) Infrastructure: Construction of additional classrooms and laboratories based on actual requirements and the creation of classroom for slow learners. The activity also ensures the availability of clean drinking water on a continuous basis and the maintenance of hygienic toilets.
7) Teaching aids: In addition to the availability of Government Teachers, C.R.I also engage required teachers to maintain the teacher-student ratio of 1:30. These teachers engaged by CRI will also take the additional responsibility of coaching identified slow learners from standards 1 to 5. C.R.I. also focuses its efforts on establishment of SMART classes, computer labs, providing notebooks, writing materials and bags for needy students.
8) Scholarships: C.R.I. also extends an educational scholarship scheme “Shiksha” for meritorious students to pursue higher studies.
9) Health, Hygiene and Sports: C.R.I. engages Security personnel and scavengers for providing security, cleanliness and hygiene in schools. Health camps, yoga and Meditation class for school children are regularly
carried out. Napkin incinerators are provided in all the schools to ensure menstrual hygiene among girl students. C.R.I. provides sports equipment’s and materials and periodically organizes Sports day /Annual day
CORPORATION HR.SEC SCHOOL, SIDDAPUDUR
In addition to various CSR activities at the adopted Government Schools, C.R.I. in association with Corporation Hr.Sec School Alumni Association has carried out a major project at the Siddhapudur Government Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore . An exclusive state-of-the-art multipurpose auditorium with all sophisticated audio visual facilities was also built. The auditorium can also be used as an indoor sports stadium and can accommodate 500 participants.
C. KEY OUTCOMES AND IMPACT OF THE PROGRAMME
1.All the Schools have been provided with continuous clean drinking water facility and separate toilets for boy and girls.
This had a significant impact in reducing infections and illness among the students and the absenteeism level among students has come down from 34% to 1%.
2.Girls students are given free sanitary napkin pads and their toilet has been provided with Napkin incinerator facility to ensure menstrual hygiene among girl students. This initiative has resulted in a lower prevalence of absenteeism among girl students.
3.We have supported in construction of additional classrooms , compound walls and renovated the play area and provided other
infrastructure requirements for Noon meal Kitchen, Lab and Library from time to time.
With the new facilities made available, the environment of the school has drastically improved and students are showing
keen interest in their studies. Further, it has created a positive frame of mind amongst the teachers too.
4.In addition to the availability of Government Teachers, C.R.I had engaged required teachers to maintain the teacher-student ratio of 1:30. These teachers engaged by CRI take the additional responsibility of coaching identified slow learners from standards 1 to 5 and provide necessary counseling to students and parents.
This initiative has resulted in reducing the drop out rate of students from 34% to 1% and also substantial improvement in the quality of education imparted.
5.NEW ENROLLMENT : New enrollment of students was 4% and now after our interventions, new enrollment of students, is 24% which is supposed to be the highest in this district .
6.PASS PERCENTAGE : Earlier, the pass percentage was 45% and now the Pass percentage is 95% in S.S.L.C and H.S.C Exams which is a significant improvement in pass percentage.
7.SMART CLASS: we have initiated SMART CLASS in all our schools and we are first one to introduce ROBOTIC class in Govt.School in the entire district.
8.HONEST STORE : We had launched Honest store in all schools which has a developed attributes like integrity , truthfulness and straightforwardness among students
9.We have organized class on Personality development, Yoga, Karate, Value Education, Health & Hygiene through instructor engaged by us .
This has brought in a drastic change in the emotional and social development of students such as understanding, expressing and managing emotions and behavior with other people. Students participating in the extracurricular activities was hardly 5% before our interventions and now it is 45% and also there had been tremendous improvement in their confidence level
10.SUMMER CAMPS , ANNUAL /SPORTS DAY :We organize Summer camp, Annual and Sports day celebration to bring out the inherent talent among students and also to honor them for excelling in Education, sports and Extra curricular activities.
“Panchayat Union Elementary School, Saravanampatti”, which is one of C.R.I’s adopted schools has been awarded the prestigious “Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar – 2018” out of the 3150 private and Govt. schools in Coimbatore district for the excellence in upkeep of drinking water facility, sanitation and hygiene practice in school.
This school also has been nominated for the Coimbatore District’s BEST SCHOOL AWARD from the Govt. of Tamilnadu by the Education department.
C.R.I’ s CSR programs have a inbuilt sustainability component in it
1.In all school interventions, to ensure sustainability , partnering is done with ,NGOs , Alumni Associations, Social clubs, Parents associations, local donors, influential people of the locality etc…
2.We take a back seat in various functions and programmes organized by us and we give due credit to the local people, PTA, Alumni Associations for their contribution and honor them in the center stage , so that they get interested in the development activities of the school and which will help in the sustenance of this program.
3.Employee involvement : We directly involve our employees in all our CSR programs like educational initiatives, cleanings drive and other interventions regularly. This ensures sustainability of CSR initiatives and also it brings in a commitment to CSR through out the organization.